Temporary Overnight Parking Permits
A temporary overnight parking permit may be used for the occasional need by a homeowner to park a vehicle on the street overnight. Additionally, visitors to San Dimas may also purchase one of these permits if they plan on leaving their vehicle on the street overnight. (Temporary Front Yard Driveway RV Parking Permit can NOT be obtained from permit machines) Click HERE for this type of permit.
Temporary permits are available for $2 per night at the Sheriff’s Station, the Century 21 – Citrus Reality in the Via Verde Shopping Center, or online, and are available for up to 6 nights at a time. For passenger cars and trucks, or up to 3 days for RV’s. Click here to view what the City Considers to be an “RV’. There are no residency requirements for temporary permits. Temporary permits are also available if construction on the home or driveway obstructs parking space.
FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE, Temporary Overnight Parking Permits may also be purchased online. Click here to purchase a Temporary Overnight Parking Permit online.
Temporary overnight parking permits may also be obtained from automatic permit machines, located at:
WARNING! You may be subject to citation if you don’t write the license plate number on the permit, OR if the permit is not clearly and visibly displayed in the lower right-hand corner of the driver side window. REMEMBER! Vehicles parked on the street in the City of San Dimas between the hours of 2 am and 5 am without a valid temporary or annual overnight parking permit are subject to citation!
Purchasing a Temporary Overnight Parking Permit
CONDITIONS OF USE:
Please review the following conditions carefully before purchasing a temporary overnight parking permit:
- Valid only from 2 am to 5 am
- Expires at 5 am on the date indicated on the receipt
- Online Temporary Permits MUST be displayed in full view on the dashboard on the driver’s side in order for the permit to be valid.
- If the expiration date and/or the vehicle license plate are not clearly visible to Parking Enforcement, a citation may be issued.
- Valid ONLY for the vehicle matching the license number printed on the receipt.
- Not valid for vehicles with expired registration or non-operational vehicles.
- Vehicle MUST be moved after 72 consecutive hours, or it is subject to citation and tow.
- Tampering with, or duplicating the receipt is strictly prohibited and will result in citation and tow.
- Temporary Overnight Parking Permits do not exclude a vehicle from any other parking or vehicle code laws.
- Temporary Overnight Parking Permits contain a security number to verify authenticity.
You will need to provide the following information in order to purchase a Temporary Overnight Parking Permit online:
- The length of time, (in days) that the permit will be needed (6 days maximum for a passenger car and 3 days maximum for an RV). PLEASE NOTE: VEHICLES PULLING TRAILERS ARE CONSIDERED TO BE AN RV.
- Vehicle information including license plate number or VIN, make, model and color.
- Address where the vehicle will be parked.
- A telephone number where you can be reached (will not be printed on the permit itself).
- An e-mail address (will not be printed on the permit itself).
- A valid credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Debit Card).
- A convenience fee will be applied
Purchase Via Kiosk
Please follow the instructions below
- Permits are $2.00 per night and there is also a transaction fee applied to each purchase.
- Permits can be purchased for the current morning until 4:59 a.m. Any permit purchased after 4:59 a.m. will be valid for the following morning.
- Check your information carefully, as on-line permits are non-refundable.
- Please make sure you have a working printer hooked up to your computer.
- Please follow all instructions on the kiosk and on the sign adjacent to the kiosk.
WARNING! YOUR VEHICLE MAY BE SUBJECT TO CITATION IF THE PERMIT DISPLAYED DOES NOT HAVE A LEGIBLE AND VISIBLE LICENSE PLATE NUMBER FOR PARKING ENFORCEMENT TO VERIFY PURCHASE A PERMIT.