Public Safety Commission
Meets on the third Tuesday evening of every odd-numbered month at 5:30 p.m. (unless otherwise announced and publicly noticed) in the City Council Chambers Conference Room of San Dimas City Hall at 245 East Bonita Avenue.
The Public Safety Commission is composed of twelve members who shall be residents of the City. Ten members appointed by the City Council and 2 come from the Sheriff’s Department Community Action Team. Service on this Commission is voluntary.Each member will be appointed to a two-year term for a total of three terms. Commissioners cannot concurrently serve on two or more commissions. After term expiration, Commissioners must wait one year before being eligible for service on the same Commission.
1. To advise the City Council on matters relating to law enforcement including but not limited to, policing, crime prevention and emergency services.
2. To represent the views of the citizenry relating to law enforcement plans, programs, and future needs.
3. To consult with professional staff in the development of law enforcement programs.
4. To enlist community interest in, and support for, the City’s law enforcement programs.
5. To work with citizens, elected and appointed officials, and professional staff to support the work of law enforcement, crime prevention and emergency services officers and deputies.