Three sets of plans are required. The type of plans and the level of detail will vary based upon the scope of work. Plans typically consist of:
- Plot plan showing the location of the proposed construction.
- Foundation plan indicating slab and footing details as well as framing attachments.
- Framing plan indicating all framing details, dimensions, insulation, wall coverings, roofing, etc.
- Elevations showing how the proposed construction will look from the outside.
- Show compliance with minimum energy efficiency standards.
- Basic electrical, heating and air, and plumbing layouts.
- If your neighborhood has a Homeowner’s Association (HOA), then you’ll need to get their approval stamp on plans before submittal to City. Check your deed restrictions (CC&Rs) and HOA requirements before submitting for plan check.
Plans are checked for compliance with the latest adopted California Codes, as amended by the City of San Dimas:
Please see the Codes Page for more information.