Parks and Recreation Commission
Meets on the third Tuesday evening of every odd month at 6:00 p.m. (unless otherwise announced and publicly noticed) in the Meeting Room at the San Dimas Senior Center, 201 E. Bonita Avenue.
The Commission shall be composed of seven Commissioners who shall be residents of the city, serve without compensation and be appointed upon the basis of three affirmative votes of members of the City Council. Each Commissioner will be appointed to a two-year term with a limit of three terms, except the Commissioner from the sixteen to twenty-one age groups, who will serve a one year term. After term expiration, members must wait one year before being eligible to reapply for service on the same commission.
1. To advise the City Council on matters relating to the development and maintenance of public parks and recreation programs.
2. To represent the views of the citizenry relating to parks and recreation needs.
3. To consult with the professional staff in the development of parks and recreation programs.
4. To generally enlist community interest in human services, parks and recreation.
5. To perform any other acts related to the City’s park and recreation needs as requested by