Parks & Recreation Commission
The Commission shall be composed of seven Commissioners who shall be residents of the city, serve without compensation and be appointed upon the basis of three affirmative votes of members of the City Council.
Each Commissioner will be appointed to a two-year term with a limit of three terms, except the Commissioner from the sixteen to twenty-one age groups, who will serve a one year term. After term expiration, members must wait one year before being eligible to reapply for service on the same commission.
City Councilmembers may not serve as members of the Commission. By Council policy a Commissioner may not serve concurrently on more than one Commission or Board.
1. To advise the City Council on matters relating to the development and maintenance of public parks and recreation programs.
2. To represent the views of the citizenry relating to parks and recreation needs.
3. To consult with the professional staff in the development of parks and recreation programs.
4. To generally enlist community interest in human services, parks and recreation.
5. To perform any other acts related to the City’s park and recreation needs as requested by the Council.
1. Willingness to give due attention and study to recreation and park services as they affect the welfare of the people of San Dimas.
2. Ability to interpret the parks and recreation services to the community.
3. Willingness to take initiative in making studies and planning for future parks and recreation areas and facilities, as well as determining means of keeping present areas and facilities at an acceptable level.
Meets on the third Tuesday evening of each month at 6:00 P.M. (unless otherwise announced and publicly noticed) in the Meeting Room at the San Dimas Senior Center, 201 E. Bonita Avenue. *Every odd month.