Yard/Garage Sale Information
In the latest County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health “Safer At Home Order For Control of COVID-19” that was released June 18, 2020, the Health Officer has ordered the continued closure of ‘high-risk businesses, recreational sites, commercial properties, and activities, where more frequent and prolonged person-to-person contacts are likely to occur,’ which includes indoor and outdoor flea markets and swap meets.
The City of San Dimas is taking COVID-19 extremely seriously and putting in place temporary restrictions to help slow the spread of the virus. Therefore, all garage sales and/or yard sales are temporarily suspended within the City of San Dimas until further notice; and garage sales and yard sales may not be held at any driveway, dwelling, garage, premises, property, or public place.
All San Dimas residents are strongly encouraged to follow public health guidance and do their part to keep themselves and their communities safe through good hygiene practices, social distancing, and other protective measures. For more information and to view the complete revised Safer At Home Order, please click HERE
To submit an application for a Garage Sale Permit and be listed on our Garage Sale Calendar page:
- Complete the form below and click the Submit button at the bottom.
- Only your address, sale date and time will appear in your on-line garage sale listing; all other contact information will be used for administration purposes only.
Terms and Conditions
- All Yard/Garage sales require a permit from the City of San Dimas. There is no fee charged for permits. The permitting process has been developed to monitor local sales.
- Yard/Garage sales are permitted in residential zones only. The maximum number of sales shall not exceed three in any calendar year. Such sales may not exceed three consecutive days.
- Yard/Garage sales may not begin before 7 am or extend beyond 10 pm.
- Signs that are located off of the property in which the sale is being held are not permitted.
- Application must be received two days prior to the date of the sale.
- The date, time, and address of approved sales will be posted on the City’s website.
- The Planning Department is always happy to help you if you have any questions. Contact us at (909) 394-6250.