For additional information regarding energy programs please contact Ann Garcia at (909) 394-6282.
Southern California Edison
800 W. Cienega Ave
San Dimas, CA 91773
Phone: (800) 655-4555
Visit the website to view rebates for:
- Smart thermostats
- Electric Vehicles
- Variable speed pool pump & motors
- Evaporative coolers
- Air conditioners
- Hybrid electric heat pump water heaters
- Window evaporative coolers
The Energy Savings Assistance Program
To Apply for the Energy Savings Assistance Program, or for further information Call: 1-800-736-4777 or visit sce.com/esap. The program works in 3 easy steps:
- Qualification – To be eligible, you must meet specific household income guidelines. After qualification, a contractor will do a walk-thru of your home to make an assessment regarding the potential installation of one or more appliances
- Service Delivery – Installation and services, such as weatherization, are carried out by respected community service agencies and approved contractors
- Inspection – An inspection may be conducted to ensure you are satisfied with the updates and to verify the installed appliances and services are working properly.
Available Appliances and Services
Cooling Systems – If your home has a working AC unit, you may receive one of the following: a replacement, energy efficient, central or room AC or an energy efficient evaporative cooler
Refrigerator Replacement – An older refrigerator can be more costly to operate. A free ENERGY STAR qualified model can be provided to you to replace a less efficient refrigerator. Plus, we’ll also take the old refrigerator away for proper disposal and recycling at no charge.
Smart Power Strip – TVs, DVRs/home theater systems, computers, printers and game consoles are just a few electronic devices that draw power even when you think they’re turned off. We’ll provide a free smart power strip to reduce your power usage by shutting down power to your devices that go into standby mode
Pool Pump Replacement –If your home is a single-family dwelling with an in-ground swimming pool, you may be eligible for a free replacement pool pump that operates much more efficiently.
Weatherization Services – Households with electric space heating may receive weatherization services to help keep your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer
Lighting – Energy efficient lighting and light bulbs can help conserve energy and save you money
- Compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs), which use up to 70% less energy than ordinary incandescent bulbs and last 7-8 times longer
- Replacement outdoor fixtures with CFLs
- If you have a working incandescent or halogen torchiere, you may receive a replacement that’s more energy efficient
Southern California Gas Company
196 E. Third St.
Pomona, CA 91766
Phone: (800) 427-2200
Residential Instant Rebates
SoCALGas and participating retailers are making it easy for you to receive rebates instantly on ENERGY STAR certified clothes washers and natural gas water heaters. There is no need to fill out an application and wait for a check. Instead, simply locate a participating retailer and receive an instant rebate at the time of purchase. Please note that not all items are available at all participating retailers. To find participating retailers and confirm product eligibility, please click here to view residential rebates and incentives.
Residential Tankless Water Heater Rebates
SoCalGas offers rebates for purchases on tankless water heaters through participating manufacturers. Tankless water heaters only heat water when needed, which may reduce your energy usage. To participate:
- Make sure you purchase a tankless water heater from a participating manufacturer
- Have a contractor install the unit, fill out the application provided by the contractor and mail it with a copy of your paid installation invoice to the manufacturer
To view a list of participating manufacturers, visit socalgas.com (search “TANKLESS MANUFACTURERS”)
Online or Mail-In Rebates
Online: it is simple and fast to apply for rebates using our online application process at socalgas.com (search “REBATES”). Simply fill out the electronic application form and upload the required supporting documentation. Please make sure you have your email confirmation to check the status of your application
Mail-In: You also have the option of mail-in rebates on qualifying appliances, furnaces, water heaters and insulation. Follow the following steps:
- Download the rebate application and check which brands/models qualify at socalgas.com (search “REBATES”), or call the Energy Information Center at 1-888-431-2226
- Before you buy, review the application for specific requirements for qualifying rebates and call 1-888-431-2226 to confirm availability of funds
- Once you have purchased and installed your product(s), mail the complete application and supporting documentation
Multifamily Rebate Program
SoCalGas offers rebates to owners and property managers of apartments and mobilehome parks for making energy-efficient improvements to their rental property. For full details visit socalgas.com (search “MULTIFAMILY”) or call 1888-431-2226. Improvements include:
- Central-system natural gas boilers
- Natural gas water heater and/or boiler controllers
- Central system natural gas water heaters
- Central natural gas furnaces
- Tankless water heaters
- Natural gas storage water heaters
- Attic and wall insulation
- Pool heaters
- Gravity wall furnaces
Household Appliance, Heating, and Insulation Rebates
- $125 rebate on ENERGY STAR® Most Efficient 2019 Clothes Washer when paired with an ENERGY STAR certified natural gas dryer.
- $100 rebate on ENERGY STAR® Certified Clothes Washer when paired with an ENERGY STAR certified natural gas dryer.
- $50 rebate on an ENERGY STAR certified natural gas dryer.
- $400 to $600 rebate on various high efficiency or ENERGY STAR certified natural gas tankless water
- $175 rebate on ENERGY STAR certified, high-efficiency natural gas storage water heaters
- $0.30/sq. ft. rebate for wall insulation
- $0.15/sq. ft. rebate for attic insulation
- $300 to $750 rebate on natural gas pool up to 500,000 btu
- $150 to $200 rebate on ENERGY STAR certified natural gas furnaces
- $50 rebate on high-efficiency gravity wall furnaces for single-family detached homes.
Home Upgrade by Southern California Regional Energy Network
Energy Upgrade California® Home Upgrade can help you take the next step toward more comfortable, healthy living. Join your neighbors and discover how Home Upgrade rebates and incentives can help you fall in love with your home again. Please visit their website for more information.
Renovate America Programs
Renovate American offers financing for home improvement projects and upgrades. More information can be found at their website. Renovate America offers the following financing programs:
San Gabriel Valley Energy Wise Partnership
Additionally, a greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions inventory has been performed for the City of San Dimas. A GHG inventory provides information on the activities that cause emissions and removals, as well as background on the methods used to make the calculations. Policy makers use greenhouse gas inventories to track emission trends, develop strategies and policies and assess progress. The distinct inventories have been presented below. This was used to inform the Energy Efficiency and Conservation strategies found below.