Since its incorporation in 1960, the unprecedented growth of San Dimas has transformed the City from an essentially rural area to a well-balanced community offering industrial, commercial, and residential living. In addition to the 1,700 acre Frank G. Bonelli Recreational Area which lies within the City boundaries, there are many parks such as San Dimas Canyon Park, a city-owned golf course (San Dimas Canyon Golf Club), and over 27 miles of equestrian trails for riding. The city services include an extensive recreational program for youth and for senior citizens, and the City boasts a new modern City Hall, with excellent provisions made for County Sheriff and Fire Departments, along with a fine Los Angeles County Library and Engineering Regional Office.
Community Service Requests
The City of San Dimas has entered into an agreement with Urban Graffiti Enterprises Inc, for shopping cart abatement. You may report an abandoned shopping cart through the My San Dimas Application or you can access My San Dimas from your desktop by clicking on My San Dimas at the top right-hand corner of this page.
Shopping Cart Facts:
* The unauthorized removal of a shopping cart from a store parking lot is a violation of State law (California Business and Professions Code, Section 22435);
* Stray shopping carts left on streets, sidewalks and private properties create an unattractive and blighted appearance in our community;
* The City needs your help in keeping San Dimas Beautiful by not removing shopping carts from parking lots;
* Retailers may pass on the cost of retrieving shopping carts to you the customer;
* Stray shopping carts can cause accidents.
Animal control services are provided by the Pomona Valley Humane Society. The Animal Shelter is at 500 Humane Way, Pomona. The Humane Society may be reached at 909. 623.9777 or http://www.ivhsspca.org/
The City of San Dimas has entered into an agreement with Urban Graffiti Enterprises Inc, for graffiti abatement. You may report graffiti through the My San Dimas Application or you can access My San Dimas from your desktop by clicking on My San Dimas at the top right-hand corner of this page.
Thank you for helping us keep the city clean.