Since its incorporation in 1960, the unprecedented growth of San Dimas has transformed the City from an essentially rural area to a well-balanced community offering industrial, commercial, and residential living. In addition to the 1,700 acre Frank G. Bonelli Recreational Area which lies within the City boundaries, there are many parks such as San Dimas Canyon Park, a city-owned golf course (San Dimas Canyon Golf Club), and over 27 miles of equestrian trails for riding. The city services include an extensive recreational program for youth and for senior citizens, and the City boasts a new modern City Hall, with excellent provisions made for County Sheriff and Fire Departments, along with a fine Los Angeles County Library and Engineering Regional Office.
Golf Course Advisory Committee
Members must be residents of the cities and will be appointed to a two-year term with a limit of two terms. After term expiration, a member must wait one year before being eligible to reapply for service on the same Committee. Service on the Committee is voluntary.
The City Councils of the Cities of San Dimas or La Verne, at their discretion, may appoint an elected official or public member to serve as an alternate.
Meetings:The Committee meets quarterly, at the San Dimas Canyon Golf Course on the third Thursday of January, April, July and October at 7:30 a.m.
- To act in an advisory capacity to the City Council in matters outlined on Committee agendas pertaining to the San Dimas Municipal Golf Course.
- To act as a liaison between the City Council users of the Golf Course and its facilities.
- To be aware of customer and patron experiences at the golf course and its facilities. Share that information and feedback at Committee meetings so that the operator may address them.
- To assemble information on problems and their solutions to all matters concerning said Golf Course.
- Any Committee member may be removed from the Committee at any time by the City Council of the City of San Dimas.
- One of the two members of the City Council will serve as Chair for the Committee and will conduct the meetings.
Members Serve Two 2-year Terms
Term Expires: 08/25
Term Expires: 08/25
City of La Verne City Council Representative
*San Dimas Golf Course Advisory Committee
c/o Parks and Recreation Department
245 E. Bonita Avenue
San Dimas, CA 91773
Email the Parks and Recreation
|City Staff Liaison:
Scott Wasserman, Director of Parks and Recreation
|City of La Verne Staff Liaison:
JR Ranells, Assistant City Manager
*Email communications to Commissioners are considered to be public documents and subject to disclosure.
Agendas and Minutes