Since its incorporation in 1960, the unprecedented growth of San Dimas has transformed the City from an essentially rural area to a well-balanced community offering industrial, commercial, and residential living. In addition to the 1,700 acre Frank G. Bonelli Recreational Area which lies within the City boundaries, there are many parks such as San Dimas Canyon Park, a city-owned golf course (San Dimas Canyon Golf Club), and over 27 miles of equestrian trails for riding. The city services include an extensive recreational program for youth and for senior citizens, and the City boasts a new modern City Hall, with excellent provisions made for County Sheriff and Fire Departments, along with a fine Los Angeles County Library and Engineering Regional Office.
Development Plan and Review Board
MeetingThe Board meets on the second and fourth Thursday of each month at 8:30 am (unless otherwise announced and publicly noticed) in City Council Chamber Conference Room, 245 East Bonita Avenue.
- To act in an advisory capacity to the City Council in all matters pertaining to Planning matters;
- To be empowered to assemble information on the problems and their solutions pertaining to all planning matters;
- To be empowered on its own initiative to make recommendations to the City Council on matters within its purview;
Desirable Qualifications:Suggested qualifications for DPRB members include, but are not limited to, the following knowledge and abilities:
- Knowledge of architectural and landscape planning.
- Willingness to research and report on issues, programs and policies relating to planning matters;
- Willingness to assist in implementing projects as decided upon by the Planning Commission and/or City Council;
- Ability to develop and maintain harmonious working relationships with Board members, the City Council, the public;
- Willingness to attend meetings on a regular basis. Three unexcused absences in one year are generally grounds for dismissal from the board.
Chamber of Commerce Appointee
Term Expires: At the discretion of the Chamber of Commerce
Planning Commission Appointee
Term Expires: At the discretion of the Planning Commission
Term Expires: 06/23
*San Dimas Development Plan & Review Board
c/o Planning Department
245 E. Bonita Avenue
San Dimas, CA 91773
|City Staff Liaison:
Marco Espinoza, Senior Planner
*Email communications to Commissioners are considered to be public documents and subject to disclosure.
Agendas and Minutes