Community Service Request
Abandoned Shopping Carts
Abandoned shopping carts pose a nuisance and a safety hazard in the community. They also contribute to a sense of visual blight. At a cost of approximately $10 each, businesses must pick up the tab for the lost carts. A cost that could get passed on to you the customer. You can help keep the City of San Dimas beautiful by keeping our streets and neighborhoods free of abandoned shopping carts.
If you see a stray shopping cart you should contact the City’s cart retrieval hotline at (909) 394-6230. Please be prepared to report the location (exact street address or nearest cross streets) of the shopping cart and the business to which it belongs to.
Shopping Cart Facts:
* The unauthorized removal of a shopping cart from a store parking lot is a violation of State law (California Business and Professions Code, Section 22435);
* Stray shopping carts left on streets, sidewalks and private properties create an unattractive and blighted appearance in our community;
* The City needs your help in keeping San Dimas Beautiful by not removing shopping carts from parking lots;
* Retailers may pass on the cost of retrieving shopping carts to you the customer;
* Stray shopping carts can cause accidents.
Email shopping cart locations to email@example.com
Animal control services are provided by the Pomona Valley Humane Society. The Animal Shelter is at 500 Humane Way, Pomona. The Humane Society may be reached at (909) 623-9777 or http://www.ivhsspca.org/
The City of San Dimas has entered into an agreement with Urban Graffiti Enterprises Inc, for graffiti abatement. Residents who see graffiti in San Dimas are encouraged to call the Graffiti Hotline.
So that we may properly service your request, please provide the following information:
Address of affected location (cross streets if no address is available).
Type of surface the graffiti is on (wall, fence, utility box, light pole, etc.).
Date and time of your request.
Finally, please provide your name and callback number in the event further clarification is needed.
Thank you for helping us keep the city clean.
Graffiti Hotline (909) 542-2500