Visit this page for construction and related notices for work occurring in San Dimas.
Note that while the City makes every attempt to provide you with the most up-to-date information, construction schedules may change with little or no notice for various reasons, including, but not limited to, weather conditions and unforeseen delays.
Thank you for your patience as we work together to improve the City of San Dimas!
Please click here to visit the Caltrans website to check for traffic delays for the I-10 and other locations.
Click here to view recently completed projects.
C2019-05 Avenida Entrada Et Al Street Improvement Project
- After a recent water leak, Golden State Water has committed to replace the remaining aged service laterals within the project limits. Since some service laterals have already been replaced, Golden State Water will designate the services to be replaced as part of this project. There are approximately 98 service laterals designated for replacement. Replacing the water services prior to completing the street improvement project will increase the service life of the new street as well as limit future asphalt patches. Affected residents will be notified prior to a water service replacement. Water service will be affected for approximately 2 hours during each service replacement. Once agreements are finalized, the contractor will start water service replacements which are expected to take approximately 25 additional working days. The contractor is currently attaining materials necessary and is expected to start Monday, September 16th. This work will delay the street reconstruction but will not extend the paving project duration. Pavement reconstruction including selected water service replacements have been extended to include Paseo Corrido from Calle Arcano to Via Canada. Traffic flow and access to properties will be maintained during the water service replacement work. Please allow extra time to travel through the construction area due to the delays associated with traffic control.
- On August 27, no work is taking place on site due to company training. The contractor will continue the trench restoration on August 28
- For the week starting August 26, the contractor will continue to mark utilities and pothole to confirm utility depths. Additionally, the contractor will continue the utility trench repair. This week traffic will be maintained in both directions. Traffic will be flagged on Avenida Entrada between 7 am and 5 pm where work is taking place. Please allow extra time to travel through the construction area.
- For the week starting August 19, the contractor will continue to mark utilities and pothole to confirm utility depths. Additionally, the contractor will start the utility trench repair. For this repair the contractor will excavate a 3 by 4 foot utility trench. Then Import and compact new granular base material. This week traffic will be maintained in both directions. Traffic will be flagged on Avenida Entrada between 7 am and 5 pm where work is taking place. Please allow extra time to travel through the construction area due to the traffic control and construction.
- For the week starting August 12, the contractor will continue to mark utilities and pothole to confirm utility depths. The contractor will continue to remove and place concrete for construction of ADA accessible ramps.
- For the week starting August 5, the contractor will start marking utilities and pothole to confirm utility depths. Contractor may start removal and placement of concrete for construction of compliant ADA accessible ramps.
- Public Outreach Meeting (click to view meeting information) on Thursday, July 25, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. at the Via Verde Country Club (1400 Avenida Entrada).
- For any questions or concerns related to this project, or to be added to the email update please contact the Public Works Department at (909) 394-6240 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
CC2019-05 Avenida Entrada et al Street Improvement Project includes the reconstruction of Avenida Entrada from Calle Linda to Paseo Corrido, as well as of Calle de Oro, Calle Espana, Calle de las Flores, and Calle de Armonia and segments of Paseo Corrido, including Calle Arcano. The project is estimated to cost $1,100,000 and of that cost, $600,000 is SB 1 (Gas Tax) funded. Other funding includes various Residential Street (Measure R) and general funds.The project consists of 140,000 square feet of pavement repairs using approximately 4600 tons of asphalt concrete. As part of the project the existing sewer main trench will be repaired to mitigate further settlement by removing native backfill and recompacting with imported granular material. The project also includes construction of a new cross gutter at Calle de las Flores and the upgrade or replacement of ADA compliant ramps located within project boundaries. Streets will be fully reconstructed and a stronger section of asphalt will be replaced.The reconstruction of Avenida Entrada will make use of environmentally friendly construction processes to lessen its carbon footprint. Where possible, the construction will entail Full-Depth-Reclamation (FDR) which recycles the existing asphalt concrete and underlying aggregate base/soil material. The existing pavement will be pulverized, mixed with cement, and rolled into a stronger sub-base; left to cure for approximately 5 days per phase and closed to traffic. Following the cure time this base will be overlaid with a 5-inch section new asphalt pavement. The asphalt mix selected is a high stability Intersection mix that has increased resistance to common pavement distresses. The FDR process was selected because it provides solutions to mitigate the poor subgrade, increase the capacity of the roadway, limit conflicts with existing utilities and extend the life of the new pavement while shortening the construction duration and impacts to residents compared to other available processes.The extent of full street reconstruction work will be very invasive and disruptive due to severe pavement degradation caused by existing ground conditions and that Avenida Entrada is a critical corridor for the residents in this neighborhood. A project of this scale and magnitude will experience unavoidable traffic delays, one directional traffic flows, and inconveniences to residents during the project. Due to the FDR process, residents on Avenida Entrada will not have vehicular access to their driveway for approximately a 5-day period to allow for the cement treated base to cure. The project was phased for this project Public Works Staff has taken the unusual step of contacting every homeowner on Avenida Entrada to discuss the restricted access, where they can park during construction and the construction impacts.We have tried to minimize the inconvenience as much as possible but want to thank the residents for their patience and cooperation as we work to improve the neighborhood.