Visit this page for construction and related notices for work occurring in San Dimas.
Note that while the City makes every attempt to provide you with the most up-to-date information, construction schedules may change with little or no notice for various reasons, including, but not limited to, weather conditions and unforeseen delays.
Thank you for your patience as we work together to improve the City of San Dimas!
Please click here to visit the Caltrans website to check for traffic delays for the I-10 and other locations.
Please click here for the most up-to-date information on the Foothill Gold Line.
Click here to view recently completed projects.
C2019-05 Avenida Entrada Et Al Street Improvement Project
- GOLDEN STATE WATER COMPANY CONSTRUCTION ON DALEPARK DRIVEAs residents on Dalepark Drive have experienced a number of water leaks, Golden State Water has placed priority on replacing 650 feet of water main and 20 residential water services before the end of the calendar year. The construction schedule is as follows:Phase I: Monday, November 25 through Wednesday, November 27No parking signs have been posted for Monday, November 25 through Wednesday, November 27 so the contractor can identify existing utility locations in advance of the major construction scheduled to begin Monday, December 2. By identifying these locations the contractor ensures other utilities will not be disrupted during the water main work.Phase II: Monday, December 2 through Monday, December 30Beginning December 2, 2019 Golden State Water Company’s contractor (MKP Construction) will be replacing 650 feet of water main and 20 residential water services on Dalepark Drive. Affected residents will be notified prior to a water service replacement. Water service will be affected for approximately 2 hours during each service replacement. The work is scheduled to be completed by the end of the year, however most of the work will be substantially completed by Friday, December 20, 2019.If you have any questions or concerns please contact Golden State Water Company at (800) 999-4033 or MKP Construction (909) 427-9600. Thank you for your patience during this construction process.
This next week should be the last week of the major traffic impacts. The contractor is scheduled to place the final pavement layer Monday and Tuesday. Once this final pavement layer is complete, the contractor will only have minor work remaining to finish the project. Traffic impacts for the minor items (other than the final pavement layer) should be limited to areas directly adjacent to the manhole or concrete replacement area. Please allow extra time to travel through the construction area due to the delays associated with traffic control. This is especially true for Monday and Tuesday during the final pave. There will be a lot of construction vehicles and equipment in the area. There is a lot of care taken to make sure this top layer of asphalt has the right finish as that is what will be seen for many decades.
Final paving is scheduled for the week of November 4th through November 8th
- Paseo Corrido, Calle Arcano, Calle de Oro, Calle Armonia, Via Canada, Calle Espana, and Calle de Las Flores are scheduled for final paving on Monday, November 4th
- Residents who live on Calle Armonia, Calle de Oro, Calle Espana, and Calle de las Flores will be able to park on Avenida Entrada.
- Residents who live on Via Canada will be able to park on Calle Galante and Avenida Loma Vista.
- Residents who live on Paseo Corrido and Call Arcano will be able to park on the east side of Paseo Corrido in the morning from 7:00 am to 12:00 pm and park on the west side of Paseo Corrido in the afternoon from 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Tuesday, November 5th
- Avenida Entrada is tentatively scheduled for final paving on Tuesday, November 5th
- Residents on Avenida Entrada will be able to park on Calle Armonia, Calle de Oro, Calle Espana, Calle de las Flores, Calle Linda and Paseo Corrido.
- Wednesday through Friday (November 6th-8th)
- Manhole adjustment
- Minor concrete repairs
- Pavement striping
- Project clean up
It has been the City’s goal to return a brand new street to the neighborhood in time for the holidays. The City would like to thank you for your patience throughout this project. There have been many challenges, especially with the unanticipated replacement of 98 water laterals. We hope you will find your water service system more reliable and the street much quieter, more aesthetically pleasing, and extremely long lasting.
- Starting Tuesday, October 22 at approximately 7:00 a.m., the contractor is scheduled to transition from Phase I to Phase II on Avenida Entrada. The contractor is scheduled to continue Phase I full depth reclamation through Monday, October 21. The cement treated base is currently curing and asphalt pavement is tentatively scheduled for Monday, October 21. Westbound traffic will be restricted on Avenida Entrada between Paseo Corrido and Calle Linda through Monday. Traffic will only be permitted in the eastbound direction. The contractor is tentatively scheduled to place base pavement on the East half of Paseo Corridor between Avenida Entrada and Via Canada on Monday, October 21.
- On Tuesday October 22, the contractor is scheduled to transition from Phase I to Phase II. Eastbound traffic will be restricted on Avenida Entrada between Paseo Corrido and Calle Linda for approximately one week. Traffic will only be permitted in the Westbound direction. Access to cul-de-sacs will be maintained during the reconstruction work on Avenida Entrada. Detour route signs will also be placed to help guide traffic.
- Residents on the south side of Avenida Entrada will not have vehicular access to their driveways for approximately 1 week. Parking is available on Paseo Corrido, Calle de Oro, Calle Espana, Calle de las Flores, Calle Armonia, Calle Linda and Avenida Entrada South of Calle Linda. Please allow extra time to travel through the construction area due to the delays associated with traffic control.
- Overnight parking restrictions are waived for the project duration in the project area. Sheriff will provide extra patrols to help address any security concerns.
- October 14 through October 18, The contractor is scheduled to start Phase I full depth reclamation on Monday, October 14. The contractor will also continue with water service replacements on Paseo Corrido. Westbound traffic will be restricted on Avenida Entrada between Paseo Corrido and Calle Linda. Traffic will only be permitted in the eastbound direction. Access to cul-de-sacs will be maintained during the reconstruction work on Avenida Entrada. Detour route signs will also be placed to help guide traffic. Residents on the north side of Avenida Entrada will not have vehicular access to their driveways for approximately 1 week. Parking is available on Paseo Corrido, Calle de Oro, Calle Espana, Calle de las Flores, Calle Armonia, Calle Linda and Avenida Entrada South of Calle Linda. Please allow extra time to travel through the construction area due to the delays associated with traffic control.
- Week of October 7th – The contractor will continue with water service replacements on Avenida Entrada (west of Calle Linda) and Paseo Corrido. The contractor will also start paving on Calle Arcano, Calle de Oro, Calle Espana, Calle de las Flores, and Calle de Armonia. The paving work is scheduled for Monday, October 7th through Wednesday, October 9th. Access to these cul-de-sacs will be restricted between the hours of 7:00 am to 5:00 pm. Residents will have access to their properties each evening outside of working hours.
- Week of September 30th- The contractor will continue with water service replacements on Avenida Entrada (west of Calle Linda). There will be a few more workers and equipment onsite as the contractor and Golden State Water have had to modify the installation procedure to account for different connection methodology on Avenida Entrada. Traffic flow and access to properties will be maintained during the water service replacement work.
- September 23 – The contractor will continue to replace water services throughout the construction area. Most of the construction this week will take place on Calle de Armonia, Calle Arcano and Avenida Entrada.
- After a recent water leak, Golden State Water has committed to replace the remaining aged service laterals within the project limits. Since some service laterals have already been replaced, Golden State Water will designate the services to be replaced as part of this project. There are approximately 98 service laterals designated for replacement. Replacing the water services prior to completing the street improvement project will increase the service life of the new street as well as limit future asphalt patches. Affected residents will be notified prior to a water service replacement. Water service will be affected for approximately 2 hours during each service replacement. Once agreements are finalized, the contractor will start water service replacements which are expected to take approximately 25 additional working days. The contractor is currently attaining materials necessary and is expected to start Monday, September 16th. This work will delay the street reconstruction but will not extend the paving project duration. Pavement reconstruction including selected water service replacements have been extended to include Paseo Corrido from Calle Arcano to Via Canada. Traffic flow and access to properties will be maintained during the water service replacement work. Please allow extra time to travel through the construction area due to the delays associated with traffic control.
- For any questions or concerns related to this project, or to be added to the email update please contact the Public Works Department at (909) 394-6240 or email@example.com.Monday, November 4th.
CC2019-05 Avenida Entrada et al Street Improvement Project includes the reconstruction of Avenida Entrada from Calle Linda to Paseo Corrido, as well as of Calle de Oro, Calle Espana, Calle de las Flores, and Calle de Armonia and segments of Paseo Corrido, including Calle Arcano. The project is estimated to cost $1,100,000 and of that cost, $600,000 is SB 1 (Gas Tax) funded. Other funding includes various Residential Street (Measure R) and general funds.
The project consists of 140,000 square feet of pavement repairs using approximately 4600 tons of asphalt concrete. As part of the project the existing sewer main trench will be repaired to mitigate further settlement by removing native backfill and recompacting with imported granular material. The project also includes construction of a new cross gutter at Calle de las Flores and the upgrade or replacement of ADA compliant ramps located within project boundaries. Streets will be fully reconstructed and a stronger section of asphalt will be replaced.
The reconstruction of Avenida Entrada will make use of environmentally friendly construction processes to lessen its carbon footprint. Where possible, the construction will entail Full-Depth-Reclamation (FDR) which recycles the existing asphalt concrete and underlying aggregate base/soil material. The existing pavement will be pulverized, mixed with cement, and rolled into a stronger sub-base; left to cure for approximately 5 days per phase and closed to traffic. Following the cure time this base will be overlaid with a 5-inch section new asphalt pavement. The asphalt mix selected is a high stability Intersection mix that has increased resistance to common pavement distresses. The FDR process was selected because it provides solutions to mitigate the poor subgrade, increase the capacity of the roadway, limit conflicts with existing utilities and extend the life of the new pavement while shortening the construction duration and impacts to residents compared to other available processes.
The extent of full street reconstruction work will be very invasive and disruptive due to severe pavement degradation caused by existing ground conditions and that Avenida Entrada is a critical corridor for the residents in this neighborhood. A project of this scale and magnitude will experience unavoidable traffic delays, one directional traffic flows, and inconveniences to residents during the project. Due to the FDR process, residents on Avenida Entrada will not have vehicular access to their driveway for approximately a 5-day period to allow for the cement treated base to cure. The project was phased for this project Public Works Staff has taken the unusual step of contacting every homeowner on Avenida Entrada to discuss the restricted access, where they can park during construction and the construction impacts.
We have tried to minimize the inconvenience as much as possible but want to thank the residents for their patience and cooperation as we work to improve the neighborhood.