Annual Overnight Parking Permit
San Dimas residents without sufficient off-street parking may apply for an annual overnight parking permit by submitting a completed application, along with a $40.00, non-refundable, application fee. Applicants must meet the requirements listed below in order to be eligible. These requirements are mandatory in order to qualify for an annual overnight parking permit. Because the permit fee is non-refundable, please make sure you meet all of these standards before applying.
- The City expects all available garage and driveway space designed for vehicle storage to be used for that purpose. RV’s (Including all types of trailers), non-operative vehicles (including PNO’s), or off-road type vehicles cannot occupy any of the above parking spaces. The City reserves the right to conduct an on-site inspection of the property at any time to verify requests for permits.
- All Vehicles listed on the application MUST be registered to that San Dimas Address.
- Local area students with a valid ID and current class curriculum.
- Company vehicle with letter (on company letterhead) from employer.
- In-home health care providers with letter (on company letterhead) from employer.
- No vehicle listed on the application can have any outstanding parking citations
- Residents in La Cuesta, San Dimas Canyon Apartments and the Tiburon Complex must secure prior management approval, with signature, before submitting their application.
After the application is submitted, the City’s Parking Enforcement Division will process the request. The applicant will receive a 10-day temporary permit, and will receive notification of the final decision by mail.
Residents: To apply for an Annual Overnight Parking Permit, an application form must be completed and submitted to the Information Desk, located within San Dimas City Hall, 245 East Bonita Ave. City Hall is open 7:30 am – 5:30 pm Monday – Thursday and 8 am – 5 pm on Fridays, (closed on weekends and holidays).
Note: It is preferred that all applications be submitted to City Hall in person. However, if this is not possible, then an application will also be accepted through the mail. Please do not use the telephone or the Internet to submit an application for an Annual Overnight Parking Permit.